Monday, December 5, 2011

Times Flies When Your Are Having Fun!


It was been far too long since I have updated our blog but it's not my fault....soo much has happened! Since Jack is peacefully napping, I thought it might be the perfect time to catch you up. Thank goodness that I have the energy to do so because of a little vice called Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte. Unlike my first pregnancy where I gave up caffeine completely, I have decided that I can believe the doctors and have just a little bit. I swear if it wasn't for caffeine, most of us would be without brothers and sisters because no way in hell can you survive with a child and not have it...only a daily basis.

So, what's new? Well...Jack has been busy. He is walking now...and not just a few steps here and there, he is practically running around! He started perfecting his stride over the Thanksgiving holiday much to the delight of Nana, Poppa, Uncle Tommy, Great Aunt Eileen and Cousin Kit. Our visit to Pinehurst was wonderful and I am not just saying that because I got to spend a day lazying in bed. Jack was an absolute star and showed everyone all of his new tricks. As for his first Thanksgiving dinner, well...Molly was the very happy recipient of his habit of throwing more food on the ground than in his mouth.

In addition to Jack's weekly My Gym class, he is now enjoying swimming lessons one day a week. He absolutely loves the water and while he doesn't have the fine motor skills to even mimic swimming, it is just about being in the water. He does enjoy sitting on the edge and jumping in.
In new baby news, I am now at 15 weeks. Our anatomy/gender ultrasound is scheduled for December 27th and we can't wait! My energy has come back and I am feeling great. Since I have made the concious decision to not eat with wild abandonment, I haven't gained much weight (which my doctor says is fine) and physically feel much better than I had when I was at this point with Jack. Thank goodness because I have needed all of my energy to keep up with a walking Jack and OUR NEW HOME!
We closed on our house November 29th and we have been busy since. We are VERY fortunate in that we are currently living at my parents and can take some time getting the house ready for move-in. It is a luxury that many people don't have and one that we are taking advantage of! Brian took time off work for what my brother calls a "Paintapoolza". We are painting most of the rooms, installing new flooring, refinishing kitchen cabinets, updating lighting, and whew....well, suffice it to say there is a whole list! We are on Day 4 of our undertaking and it is exhausting but we are already able to see the benefits of the hard work. We have had such amazing help. You know what they say, the family that home improves together, stays together....lol! Here are a few pics of the progress thus far...
Family Room Before

Family Room Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment